First SharePoint Services 3.0 HOL Experience

In my previous post I downloaded a VPC from Microsoft ‘Developing with SharePoint Services 3.0 and visual studio 2008’ together with some hands on labs. On my laptop containing a Vista OS I did the following:

1) Deploy VPC

















2) Start WSS-July2008-V7


















3) Install Office On VPC (Plus version MSDN)



















4) Unpack HOL
















5) Start VS 2008 and exercise













I created a web part through HOL called HelloWorld, deployed it and added to a already created SharePoint site. Works like a charm. Downloaded HOL are already updated to VS2008. Al in all very straight forward, took me few minutes to set things up and 15 minutes for first exercise. I am going to try some more exercises coming days.

Technorati:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DTAP Strategy: Pricing and Licensing

Table Operation on Oracle 11g XE with OracleDbBinding

Integration, the community blasting into 2017!