If you wonder where all adapters for BizTalk are or which ones are available when you have install DVD in virtually in your hand. There are two directories on DVD (after you mount it with something like ISO mount). One called BizTalk accelerators and one named BizTalk Server. Both folders contain a setup and when you run it a splash screen will appear.
In accelerators splash screen you find links to install:
- Accelerators for HL7
- Accelerators for RosettaNet
- Accelerators for SWIFT
- FileAct and Interact Adapters for SWIFT
Other splash screen that appears after running setup in BizTalk folder you will find links for:
- Installing BizTalk Server
- Installation UDDI
- Installation RFID
- Installation RFID Mobile
- BizTalk Adapters (LOB Adapters)
- AppFabric Connect
It can be annoying that you will have to find out what to install when looking for particular adapter. When installing BizTalk Server you will get the out-of-box adapters (HTTP, WCF-Adapters, SQL, FILE, FTP, ect), Adapter Pack contain ERP adapters (SAP, Siebel, Oracle, Oracle EBS), and other adapters like for instance MLLP (HL7) are found in appropriate accelerator. When installing Adapter Pack the necessary prerequisites are handed to you during installation (see my post Installing BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010 on x64). Still there are adapters that you have to download separately like one for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Documentation however is a different story. By clicking installation guide html page in accelerator folder you get access to installation guides by links.
Other documentation if found at Microsoft:
- Microsoft BizTalk 2010 Accelerator for HL7 (BTAHL7) Documentation
- BizTalk 2010 Accelerator for RosettaNet (BTARN) Installation Guide and Readme
- Microsoft BizTalk 2010 Accelerator for SWIFT (A4SWIFT) Documentation
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 FileAct and InterAct Adapters Documentation
Finally for BizTalk Server itself there is documentation available for installation (divers Operating Systems), and the product.Technorati: biztalk server 2010