Last year I did a post on table operations on SQL Server Table with WCF-SQL Adapter from BizTalk on SQL. Now I like to do similar thing on table in Oracle 11g Express database using the Oracle Binding from BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010. Oracle 11g Express Edition is available through OTN. For downloading software you will need to have an account! It is important that when accessing Oracle you have appropriate client installed. This can sometimes be a hassle if you do not know, which client you need. When you trying to connect to Oracle you will get error messages like: Connecting to the LOB system has failed. Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.. This can be pretty annoying, but there is documentation that can help you going the right direction. In installation documentation I read that supported versions are: Oracle d...
In past I have used log4net or System.Diagnostics.Trace component of .NET for logging and tracing. Until a few months ago the post Best Practices for Instrumenting High Performance BizTalk Solutions got my attention. I read it, but did not start using it directly as I wasn’t doing any development. These days I sometimes am involved in development of BizTalk solutions, so moment was there. Recently BizTalk CAT Instrumentation Framework Controller was released on CodePlex . The BizTalk CAT Instrumentation Framework is a high performance tracing/logging framework for BizTalk that builds upon the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) infrastructure. It was created by Microsoft's BizTalk Customer Advisory Team (CAT). The Controller is an easy-to-use GUI for the BizTalk CAT Instrumentation Framework. My thinking was why don’t I try this UI out in combination with Microsoft AppFabric CAT Best Practices Samples . The BizTalk Instrumentation Best Practices Samples solution provides a reus...
In this post I will tell a story of my experience with installation of SSO on SQL Cluster. Each BizTalk Server has an Enterprise Single Sign-On service (EntSSO.exe). Enterprise Single Sign-On is also referred as SSO or EntSSO. SSO serves two purposes. One is for data encryption, that is, port URI data. And the other is, as what the name indicates, Single Sign-On. Single Sign-On is about credential mapping. BizTalk Server SSO currently supports only Windows-initiated Single Sign-On. That means you can only map Windows users accounts to external application (affiliate application) user accounts. On the inbound side the sender is authenticated with Windows; on the outbound side, BizTalk Server automatically authenticates with the affiliate applications using the preconfigured credential mapping. Single Sign-On is a useful feature in business-to-business (B2B) scenarios. Note: However the encryption function is mandatory for a BizTalk system. Single Sign-On for credential mapping can be...
Comments