Last week I held a presentation at the Bouvet BizTalk Innovation Event (26 - 27 September). This was one of the biggest BizTalk events organized in the Nordic countries this year. Four BizTalk MVP's together with two distinguished community members presented two full days on BizTalk Server, Service Bus, BizTalk Administration and BizTalk360 (Monitoring). I shared the stage during this days with fellow BizTalk MVP's Sandro Pereira, Saravana Kumar, and Nino Crudele together with Tord G. Nordahl and Lex Hegt.
Bouvet organized this event for the first time in Norway. Previously BizTalk innovation events were organized in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and Milan (Italy). The venue was the Bouvet office in Stavanger.
Bouvet is a Scandinavian consultancy company, which delivers development and advisory services relating to information technology, interactive communication and enterprise management. Their strengths are broad expertise, long experience and the ability to solve problems creatively. Bouvet has more than 750 employees in 14 offices in Norway and Sweden.
Tord works for Bouvet and was together with his managers our host of the day. They did an outstanding job of organizing this event. The first day was packed with presentations and second day was around labs, live discussions of various topics.
The first day we as speakers talked about:
1) BizTalk adapter pack: Best practice and a presentation of the versatile integration capabilities of the adapter pack! This included various scenario's with Azure Service Bus (Queues, Topics, Subscriptions and Bridges), SB-Messaging with BizTalk Server 2010 R2 CTP. A Talk by myself.
2) Azure and connected systems (formerly known as AppFabric connected systems) – EAI Integration done correctly, to the cloud and beyond! A talk done by Sandro showing the bridges for EAI and EDI.
3) Jump into the usage of thresholds and throttling to squeeze the BizTalk environment to the MAX. A talk by Tord our host.
4) Also introducing the new standard in BizTalk monitoring: BizTalk 360. This talk was by Saravana Kumar and Lex Hegt. Saravana walkthrough the product and showed some of the capabilities. Lex talked about some real life scenario's with BizTalk360.
5) Large BizTalk environments, hundreds of servers and multiple adapters: how was it done and how did it scale? A talk by Nino our Italian BizTalk MVP.
This day was wrapped up by Tord and later on we had an awesome diner with the attendees and the Bouvet staff.
Second day each speaker had his own room and hourly time slots, where the attendees could come in ask questions, get some hand-on experience and raise discussions. During these sessions I was able to hand out my BizTalk Server 2010 Cookbook (multiple copies ordered by Bouvet) and sign it.
The two days at Bouvet BizTalk Innovation Event were a great experience. I like to thank Tord and Bouvet for organizing this.
Our next venue as speakers will probably be London next year.
Labels: BizTalk, BizTalk 2010, BizTalk 2010 R2, BizTalk360, Service Bus, Windows Azure