BizTalk Server 2006 R2 WCF Adapter

In a previous post I described my experience with installing and configuring BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Beta2. This time I wanted to try out one of the features of R2, WCF Adapter. I found an example of Stephen W. Thomas together with a video demoing WCF Adapter on BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Beta 1. Demo still applies for beta 2 with some differences in screens (wizard) when publishing the WCF Service. Below the first screen when one is using the wizard.

I forgot to check enable metadata endpoint, there for in the config file of the service the following line was commented out: endpoint name="HttpMexEndpoint" address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="" contract="IMetadataExchange". So do not forget to check it. The rest of screens are the same as in the video. I also did not VS extensions for VisualStudio 2005 installed containing the WCF SDK. Generating the proxy was not possible without svcutil. As soon as I had it installed I could create proxy class and corresponding config file. I followed up the rest demoed in the video and it worked. So this feature works like a charm and thanks to Stephen W. Thomas his demo.




















Technorati:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DTAP Strategy: Pricing and Licensing

Table Operation on Oracle 11g XE with OracleDbBinding

Integration, the community blasting into 2017!