BizTalk Best Practice Analyzer V1.2 on my Sandbox

BPA (BizTalk Best Practice Analyzer) 1.2 is out a couple of months already. I did not think of using it on one of my sandboxes, so I tried on my Sandbox with BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 2008 Standard Edition OS and SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition. In past I did a blog post of using BPA. First thing one must do is check for updates.

image

After no updates where found I did a scan.

image

Resulted in this:

image

Some jobs have not been enabled or run. Common issues since I came across them before and can be resolved in same way. Besides these critical issues there are other less critical, but not uncommon in case of a sandbox environment.

image

A lot of these issues listed above may apply for BizTalk production (maybe test, acceptance environments), but not for individual development environment.

BPA is a valuable tool and useful in following environments:

  • Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;
  • Windows Server 2008;
  • Windows Vista Service Pack 1;
  • Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Check this news report out if like to know some background about the tool.


Technorati:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DTAP Strategy: Pricing and Licensing

Table Operation on Oracle 11g XE with OracleDbBinding

Integration, the community blasting into 2017!